“I made the “meat” balls for dinner and they received rave reviews from the family.”
The recipe goes like this….
- 1 lb finely chopped mixed mushrooms (Rocky Top Blue, King Trumpet, Chestnut, Shiitake, Lion’s Mane)
- 1/4 c diced onion
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- In a skillet over medium heat with light oil (veg & olive), sauté mushrooms, onions, & garlic with a dash of sea salt to remove water and lightly brown
- In a mixing bowl combine mushrooms with remaining ingredients, cover, and set aside in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to overnight
- Form balls 1 1/4″ to 1 1/2” in diameter
- Lightly fry until brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.